The chemist Ralph Bayer developed this fertilizer in Tasmania using Kelp that had been washed up on the beaches of Kingsland.
Because this fertilizer uses kelp that has not been harvested but washed up on the beaches it is completely green and has no impact on the marine environment.
The Kelp is a large brown algae which has been used in crop production for centuries but until recently there has been little known of the unique properties associated with it. There are naturally occurring growth stimulants in it.
Seasol is 100% pure seaweed extract from a unique member of the Kelp Family Durvilea patatorum. This seaweed only grows in the waters around Southern Australia and can reach lengths of 18meters and a single plant can reach 150kgs.
The storms and extremely high seas of the Great Southern Ocean washes very large amounts of the Bull Kelp up onto the beaches from where it is gathered.
- specialised soil conditioners address the worldwide problems of soil degradation
- Seasol is a dynamic growth stimulant and plant tonic
- Promotes strong healthy growth
- Improves resistance to insect and fungal attack
- Reduces the symptoms of stress from excessive heat, frost damage and transplanting